While most people choose wood for its Affordability, Strength, Design flexibility & Beauty, it’s becoming increasingly recognized for its environmental attributes as follows
Wood is the world’s most abundant renewable resource.
- It’s recyclable
- Sustainable over the long term
- It absorbs carbon dioxide and releases clean oxygen.
Wood is the ultimate “Green” building material.
- 5 times more energy for one ton of cement
- 14 times more energy for one ton of glass
- 24 times more energy for one ton of steel
- 126 times more energy for one ton of aluminium
- KAD BEVU has been identified as a fast growing indigenous species.
- This species being a local timber is better suited for industrial use than other exotic / foreign species being presently propagated
- Growing this species can increase the forest cover rapidly which at present is a national priority.
- Large scale availability of plantation timber will save our natural forest and bio diversity which need to be protected.
- This will improve rural Economy
- The seeds of this tree can be used for the extraction of a bio pesticide which is an industry by itself
- The use of this timber as and when available produces a very good quality plywood comparable to international standards